Systemair Revolution Vector EC Fan
The Systemair Revolution Vector EC Fan is one of the best duct fans available, being an adapted inline fan which is both powerful and quiet as well as cost-effective and ideal for hydroponic grow rooms and tents.
Its aerodynamically optimised components, such as its impeller and guide vanes, allow a far greater airflow than comparable fans of the same size. It uses EC technology to combine power and efficiency, using half the power of similar products such as fans with AC motors.
The Vector EC has a few handy attributes and benefits, and these include:
- State-of-the-art frictionless digital EC motor
- Generates amazing pressure levels
- It saves you money by using 50% of the energy of other fans
- Lower friction against sidewalls of ducting reduces noise considerably
- Two-year warranty from Systemair for total peace of mind
- Elegantly designed, compact, lightweight and corrosion-proof
- Built to a high standard which will ensure reliable operation for years
The Revolution Vector Fans have the same rugged quality and attention to detail that makes them nearly indestructible, with improvements that make your extraction system more efficient and controllable.
How Do They Work?
Vector fans have frictionless motors that produce immense performance with approximately half the power demands of a regular duct fan. They can deliver substantial pressure levels that can move a vast amount of air, and there’s no problem with the drag factor caused by carbon filters.
Revolution Vector EC fans can be made entirely soundless by installing Phonic Trap Ducting to the fan.
Please note: Vector EC fans require a G.A.S. Fan Speed Controller, created especially for use with their EC motors. Combining the two products allows you to regulate the fan with incredible accuracy in 1% increments.
Whenever you turn a Vector EC fan down to 1%, you will get 1% of the maximum output and use 1% of its power.
The Revolution fans are fully airtight and have a fully enclosed composite casing. There are no small gaps you may get in traditional fans, creating unwanted odours leaving the grow tent or room.
How To Choose Which Model of Fan
The fan model you should select depends on the air volume to extract from your grow space which is the rated airflow. You can measure this rating in cubic metres per hour (m3/h) or cubic feet per minute (CFM)
In total, you will need:
- One extractor fan to draw the air out of your grow room
- Air vents to draw air in, or a second, smaller extractor fan to draw air in
- 5-metre power lead for each extractor fan
- A carbon filter (for your extractor only)
- An appropriate length of ducting
- Three Duct Clips
- 2 x Rope Ratchets (preferred) to support the fan(s)
How To Use a Vector EC Fan?
Connect the mains lead to the fan and find out the direction the air is flowing.
A grow space must have the air sucked out or drawn into the area for intake. You may see a small arrow on the fan’s casing pointing out how the air travels.
To connect all the parts, secure a suitable length of ducting to the exhaust side of your fan using a duct clip, then feed the ducting through the duct port in your grow tent or into the area you want to vent.
Affix the other end of the fan to your filter with a fast clamp.
Refer to the Systemair installation instructions when assembling your ventilation system.
Where Do I Buy a Systemair Revolution Vector EC Fan?
You can easily buy a Systemair Revolution Vector EC Fan from our website.