Luxx Lighting NX-1 Lighting Controller
The Luxx Lighting NX-1 Lighting Controller is a powerful yet easy-to-use system that can regulate all aspects of your grow light system’s functions. It is fully digital and compatible with the entire range of other Luxx light fixtures.
This product is recommended for use in all larger hydroponic systems, and it includes quite a few valuable attributes and qualities, including the following:
- You can select ballast type for 315, 400, 600, 630, 750 or 1000W
- It has a 24-hour timer (with an on/off inverse function)
- Option to invoke auto-dim at a pre-set temperature
- Option to invoke auto-shutdown at a pre-set temperature
- Can show output as Watts or percentage
- Ability to set output level: 50 to 115%
- It has gradual sunrise and sunset emulation
- It comes with two outputs (main and auxiliary)
- It has two temperature sensors (for two rooms on a 12/12 cycle)
- Able to accommodate up to 40 ballasts per output
- Able to accommodate a total of 80 ballasts (in one room or 2 x 40 on a 12/12 cycle)
- It has a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
How does this controller work?
This lighting controller is a simple yet powerful system for regulating your lighting system. It is fully compatible with all Luxx light fixtures and can manage up to 80 light fixtures from a single and central location. It is straightforward to operate and features actual plug-and-play installation.
How do I use this controller?
This controller is both powerful and versatile. An array of 80 Luxx light ballasts may be run from it using the unit’s main RJ9 and auxiliary RJ9 ports. You use the knob on your ballasts to switch these to the EXT position to signify external control*.
Plug the RJ9 end of one of your controller cables directly into the main RJ9 port on the product. If you are using a two-room set-up, or if more than 80 ballasts need to be connected, you can plug an additional controller cable into the product’s auxiliary RJ9 port.
Then plug the RJ14 end of your controller cables directly into an RJ14 splitter’s input. An interconnect cable can connect the splitter’s output to the RJ14 ballast port. Use another interconnect cable to join one of the splitters to the following RJ14 splitter’s input. Then repeat this to connect as many as 80 ballasts in total.
For more information about grow room lighting, check out our article about the best lighting in hydroponics.
How Do I Buy The Luxx Lighting NX-1 Lighting Controller?
You can easily buy the Luxx Lighting NX-1 Lighting Controller from our online store.
*Note that the 630-watt CMH ballasts do not possess this feature.