G.A.S EC1 Fan Controller
The G.A.S EC1 Fan Controller is a thermostatic speed controller and is the ideal way to control outlet Revolution Vector EC fans in your hydroponic grow room.
The EC1 Fan Controller has a few worthwhile attributes, and these include the following:
- Control your maximum and minimum fan settings using two simple knobs
- Now compatible with Hyper Fan V2s as well as Vectors
- The adjustable temperature dial holds the desired grow room temperatures inline and maintains excellent extraction
- Integral temperature LED shows when temperatures are higher than those set on the device
- Setting max and min fan speeds reduces fan running costs and also unwanted noise
- Plugs straight into Systemair’s EC fan range
- Compatible with an Active Y-Splitter cable to enable two fans to be used
- It needs no individual power supply, taking its power directly from the fan
This excellent value product enables complete thermostatic control of your Revolution Vector EC fans. With this unit, you can keep your growing area at optimal temperatures. There is also a separately available Y-Splitter that can control your intake fan simultaneously.
How does it Work?
It’s crucial to control your fan speed. During the colder months, it’s helpful to reduce your fan’s airflow and allow the heaters and grow lights to take up the slack. In the summer months, the reverse is often the case, with high outside temperatures playing havoc with your indoor controlled climate. The EC1 controls temperature thermostatically with its max and min knobs. Set this to your preferred temperature, and the EC1 will adjust the fan outputs to match.
An LED display indicates if anything is out of step with what you’ve already set, permitting you to adjust where necessary.
This controller plugs straight into any fans in the Systemair range that use active cables (Systemair EC cables with white connectors). The cables power the unit, so there’s no need for any external power supply.
You can combine this unit with the Active Y-Splitter cable, which connects two fans simultaneously. You can join intake and extraction fans together this way. But your intake fan needs to be a size smaller than the extraction fan, maintaining negative pressure, thereby keeping smells from escaping.
What Cables Do I Need?
The EC1 is supplied with an Active 5-metre Male to male Cable, allowing you to connect to a Vector EC fan. If you want to use this with two fans:
- Add an Active Y-Splitter and another cable like the one above.
- Make sure that the intake fan is smaller than the extractor fan.
- Note that the EC1 is compatible only with active cables, as these connections also power the device.
How Can I Buy a G.A.S EC1 Fan Controller?
You can buy your G.A.S EC1 Fan Controller quite easily from our website.