G.A.S Intelligent Humidity Controller
The G.A.S Intelligent Humidity Controller allows you to monitor, regulate and optimise the Vapour Pressure Deficit (VPD) in your growing space.
This process ensures your plants are enjoying the ideal temperature and humidity according to their particular growth stage, which is crucial to the success of your crop. Getting this growing environment right is guaranteed to increase your yields.
This equipment is ideal for use in hydroponic growing systems as it offers certain valuable features, and these include the following:
- 3 in 1 probe senses light, temperature and humidity
- Set the growth stage and let it work out the optimal VPD – it controls the humidifier.
- Four operation modes allow control of humidity or VPD and set these constant or separate day/night levels.
- It knows whether it’s day or night.
- Three settings for VPD – Early Veg, Late Veg/Early Flowering and Late Flowering
- The intelligent algorithm learns to maintain optimal humidity.
- The single-control menu system is easy to use and intuitive.
- Increase plant growth rates through the vegetative stage
- Displays warning alert if humidifier runs out of water
How Does it Work?
This product handles the humidity in your growing area, leading to faster growth, happier plants and bigger yields.
Air temperature and humidity affect the Vapour Pressure Deficit (VPD), basically the air’s ability to dry quickly. Humidity levels need to be in the correct range for the ambient air temperature for plants to grow to their full potential.
Previously, optimising the VPD of a growing area has not been easy. But this product changes all that by directly controlling a G.A.S SonicAir Pro Humidifier to get the best humidity for the current temperature.
This controller uses a 3-in-1 probe to get the humidity, temperature and light level in any growing space. It then controls the humidifier to either raise the humidity level to a pre-programmed level or reduce the VPD to the optimum level for the user-set plant development stage and the day/night cycle.
There are four modes of operation:
- Relative Humidity 24 Hours – the controller will regulate the Humidifier Pro to increase the humidity to the level the user sets.
- Relative Humidity Day / Relative Humidity Night – the controller permits the user to set different humidity levels for night and day.
- VPD 24 Hours – the user sets the phase of plant growth (i.e. Early Veg, Early Flower, or Late Flower). The controller then works out the humidity level needed to achieve the optimal VPD for the prevailing temperature and phase of plant growth. Then it regulates the humidifier to push the humidity to the optimal level.
- VPD Day / Relative Humidity at Night – in the lights-on period, the product operates as described in mode 3. But in the dark period, it switches to only regulating the humidity (not the VPD) to a level set by the user.
Plants’ stomata are closed when the lights are off (to prevent water loss) as they’re not photosynthesising and don’t need to transpire. So when the lights are off, the VPD isn’t critical. However, high humidity during the lights-off time may induce mould. Therefore, it’s only necessary to control the humidity during the night, not the VPD.
Mode 4 is the best to use, as It controls the VPD through the day when it’s essential and regulates only the relative humidity at night when that is more important.
How to Use?
Place the Humidity Controller’s 3-in-1 sensor in the middle of your growing room at around canopy height. Using a circulation fan to increase the consistency of the temperature and humidity in the growing space is a good idea.
Then plug the product into the G.A.S SonicAir Pro Humidifier using the blue and black connector on the black 5-metre cable. The cable lets the controller regulate the humidifier directly and supplies power from the humidifier to the controller. Turn on the dehumidifier. The LCD will then become active and show the current percentage of relative humidity, the temperature, day or night, and whether it controls RH or VPD.
You can manage the menu via the knob on the front panel. To access the menu system, press the knob in, then turn it to move up or down through the various options. Repeated presses of the knob will take you through several sub-menus.
The first item on the menu is the control type described above. Choose which mode you want by turning the knob. Depending on the method selected, pressing the knob within a couple of seconds will determine the humidity levels or your phase of plant growth (for VPD modes). For any methods that involve VPD (mode 4, for example), the pre-programmed settings are as shown directly below:
- Early Veg Setting: 0.4 – 0.8 kPa
- Early Flowering Setting: 0.8 – 1.2 kPa
- Late Flowering Setting: 1.2 – 1.6 kPa
A further press of the knob will override these pre-programmed settings and enable you to select your own target VPD. The following stage will let you enter a plant offset, which is the difference in temperature between the current air temperature and the temperature of a leaf. The temperature of the leaf is measured using a digital infrared thermometer. The difference in temperature of the air and the leaf is generally between 1°C and 3°C.
How Can I Buy The G.A.S Intelligent Humidity Controller?
You can easily buy the G.A.S Intelligent Humidity Controller from our online store.